Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am agnostic



I believe in God, but don't claim to know what he is. I believe, but leave open the idea that I am wrong, that we are all a part of God. A fork, a tree, even I am a part of God. Something has made this Earth stay in orbit and it has sustenance for the animals on it to survive. The universe is awesome and I believe God is the reason somehow. I believe God has provided and we are here to use it or lose it. It is up to us, free will. I don't see a point in God shaping everything that we do. I don't see a point in praying to him or asking for favors. I don't believe in the miracles in the Bible. I don't believe that he inspired the words of the Bible. He is unknowable. I don't believe in Heaven and I think Hell is a ridiculous idea. I believe that Earth and the Universe and everything in it is what he has provided for us.
Through science we are fusing the elements (of God) together to create the discovering more about God.
There is a conundrum of humanity betwixt wanting to teach everyone to be strong and smart with wanting to be the strongest and smartest. This is the difference between good and bad leaders. Do they want things to be easier for all of humanity or do they want to weed out the weak.

Quote by Louise Erdich: "They were so strong in their beliefs that there came a time when it hardly mattered what exactly those beliefs were; they all fused into a single stubbornness."

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. -Albert Einstein

Epicurus-Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

No comments: